Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Invisible, As Music ~~~ Positive, As Sound

Untitled

There were five of us. Five creative women. We met three or four times a year to encourage and inspire one another in our pursuits. Creativity needs positive energy. Lots of it. Many times it's hard to find.

Now...there are only four. Yesterday morning, unexpectedly, prematurely, our friend Lynn collapsed and could not be resuscitated.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this outrageous reality. All I can picture is my sweet, smiling friend. She was the epitome of a Southern lady - easy-going, soft-spoken, composed. Yet underneath that calm and welcoming exterior burned a brilliant mind, a tireless work ethic, a wonderful wit, a wealth of creative spirit and vision, an obvious love of family and friends.



More often than not, it was Lynn who touched base with the rest of us. "We need to get together. It's been too long." I've searched and searched for a foundation on which to regain my balance, an unshifting footing where I can imagine this world without her.

 
I have an Emily. So does she. Another Emily, of the famous Dickinson variety, spoke to me today. I stretched to her words, arms wide, soul parched, thirsty for certainty and reassurance. Here's what she said:

This world is not conclusion,
A sequel stands beyond.
Invisible, as music,
But positive, as sound.

I will miss you, Dr. Lynn Jones Ennis. I will think of you often ~ uplifting, inspiring memories ~ full of beauty and positive energy!


If I Could
 























3 comments:

  1. i am weeping... i am writing a post, too. it is just so hard. we need to talk. s

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely and moving tribute. I'm so sorry for your loss but appreciate the chance to "know" your friend at least in a small way through your beautiful words. May her presence continue to inspire you and be manifest in your work.
    Peace,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Condolences on the loss of your friend, Lynn. What a wonderful tribute to her. And thank you for the awesome ED stanza.

    ReplyDelete